As the world settles into a new normal due to the Covid-19 pandemic, MTN mPulse is looking to enable young students, passionate about making a difference to build innovative solutions that are relevant now & beyond in the MTN mPulse Hackathon. Promising solutions in the identified submission categories will be supported by MTN to achieve their full potential with expected widespread adoption and social impact. Before you submit your entry below, first go through the rules
- Competition is open to primary & secondary school students
- Applicants must be resident in Nigeria.
- Solutions to be submitted should be either mobile apps or websites (web apps)
Participant must upload a completed Indemnity Form by Parent / Guardian covering the use of their solutions, data, photos etc (by MTN Legal Contracting).
click here to download indemntiy form
- Ideas must be original, innovative and solve an actual problem.
The solutions being developed & submitted should fulfil one or more of these categories:
Support home-schooling, remote education and continued learning (e.g. home-schooling solutions)
Enables delivery of group interactions remotely (Community engagement platforms).
Ensures verified & accurate information reaches even the most remote locations.
Aids efficient distribution of food, products & services
- Top 10 participants would be rewarded with gifts and access to a 6-weeks online bootcamp with TechQuest STEM Academy and receive the needed support to refine their solutions and launch
- Top 3 winners would have their impactful solutions funded for immediate deployment to flatten the curve as well as have access to our pool of volunteer Staff Mentors, who together with TechQuest, the STEM Academy, would provide mentorship via leveraging their functional, business & technical skills to further refine their innovative solutions for greater impact to the underserved youth segment.
- Websites and web apps should be hosted on the internet. Consider hosting your project on free hosting platforms e.g. 000webhost, hostinger, 5GBFree, Freehostia, etc.
- Judging Criteria are: Technical Ability: 45%, Usefulness: 25%, Creativity: 30%
- Deadline for submission of entries is 6th December 2020.
- Participants must have successfully linked with their parent(s) on the mPulse website
- Terms & Conditions apply
|1st & 2nd Runners up
|4th - 10th positions
|11th - 20th positions