GRANT OF RIGHTS
Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOS, MTN grants You a limited, non-exclusive right to use the Services, and any content and materials made available to You in connection with Your use of the Service.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You may stop using the Services at any time and MTN may terminate Your access to the Services in whole or in part if it reasonably believes You have breached this TOS, or any other related terms, guidelines or policies.
Following termination in 4.1 above, You will not be permitted to use the Services.
- Using the Services does not give You ownership of or any rights to any materials or content that may be provided to You in connection with Your use of the Services, all of which is owned by MTN, its licensors, or other entities, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- Except as expressly set forth in this TOS, You may not use, display, perform, copy, reproduce, represent, adapt, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, sublicense or otherwise circulate by any means whatsoever any materials or content made available to You in connection with Your use of the Services, without express permission from the owner of such content or MTN (as may be applicable).
- Using the Services does not give You any rights to use any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, trade names, or the likes, without express permission from the owner of such content.
CHANGES TO TERMS
- You may use the Services and any materials or content made available to You in connection with Your use of the Services only as expressly permitted under this TOS and only in a manner that does not interfere with MTN’s right or ability to provide the Services or any third party’s right or ability to use or enjoy the Services, or any Law.
- You represent and warrant that You will not post any of the following:
- Any content that is unlawful, harmful, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any content that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Unauthorised use of the Service and breach of the TOS will give MTN a right to a claim for damages and/or institute a legal action
- If You see objectionable content in the course of Your use of the Services, You must report such content to MTN by contacting MTN customer service or through any other applicable reporting means as provided through the Services. MTN reserves the right to address such requests in any manner in its sole discretion.
- You are responsible for the safety of Your account and Your password. You will immediately notify MTN if You become aware of any unauthorised use of, or access to the Service through Your account, including any unauthorised use of Your password or account.
- MTN may change or discontinue any of the Services at any time without notice or liability to You or any third party.
- Subject to 7.1 above, MTN also reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- MTN may periodically modify and supplement these TOS, with or without notice to You. You are responsible for regularly checking these TOS for updates revisions.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, You will be deemed to have accepted these and any varied terms and conditions.
- Whilst Youtube playlists are accessible via the Service, MTN shall not be liable for Your use of the video content accessed on Youtube.
- In addition to these TOS, You shall be subject to and agree to comply with the Youtube terms and conditions in accessing the Youtube playlists. Youtube’s terms and conditions can be accessed via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms.
If You submit ideas, suggestions or anything else about the Services (such as ways to improve the Services) to MTN, You agree that such information is non-confidential and MTN can use or publish such feedback for any reason, without any payment entitlement/compensation to You. Please do not submit any feedback to MTN with compensation expectation as MTN will not be granting such rights.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU
- By participating in any competition(s) or event(s) or learning resource(s) via the Service, You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of such competition(s) or event(s) or learning resource(s).
- Where such competition(s) or event(s) or learning resource(s) is provided by a party other than MTN (a ”Third Party”),MTN shall not be liable for any information supplied by you to such Third Party for and MTN shall not be held liable for such Third Party’s use of the information provided.
- This site may be hyper-linked to other sites which are not maintained by, or related to, MTN.
- Hyper-links to such sites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this site or MTN. MTN has not reviewed any or all of such sites and is not responsible for the content of those sites.
- Hyper-links are to be accessed at the User’s own risk, and MTN makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness, or accuracy of these hyper-links or the sites hyper-linked to this site.
- Further, the inclusion of any hyper-link to a third-party site does not necessarily imply endorsement by MTN of that site.
- You hereby grant to MTN the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to MTN through this site (together, the ‘‘Submission’’), and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, LIMITATIONS
- You understand that MTN cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this site for the reconstruction of any lost data. MTN does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
- The Content is not necessarily complete and up-to-date and should not be used to replace any written reports, statements, or notices provided by MTN. Investors, borrowers, and other persons should use the Content in the same manner as any other educational medium and should not rely on the Content to the exclusion of their own professional judgment. Information obtained by using this site is not exhaustive and does not cover all issues, topics, or facts that may be relevant to your goals.
- All of the information in this site, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on this site, and MTN does not undertake any obligation to update such information
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- MTN PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MTN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES, THEIR USE, ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES: (I) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE, (II) WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, DELAYS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, (III) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR (IV) WILL OPERATE IN THE CONFIGURATION OR WITH HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE YOU USE.
- MTN MAKES NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE MADE EXPRESSLY IN THIS TOS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MTN MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION WHETHER RECEIVED OR ACCESSED VIA ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
- Exclusion of Damages.
MTN will not be liable to You or any third party for any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages (including, without limitation, damages relating to lost profits, lost data or loss of goodwill) arising out of, relating to or connected with the use of the services.
- Limitation of liability.
- In no event will the aggregate liability of MTN arising from, relating to, or in connection with this TOS or the Services exceed the amount that You paid MTN for Your use of the services.
- Except as may be specifically provided in this Agreement, neither party shall be liable to the other for any type of special, indirect and/or consequential losses or damages arising under statutory or common law, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of business opportunities, loss of income, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of revenue or third party claims.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold MTN and its employees, representatives, agents, attorneys, affiliates, directors, officers, members, managers and shareholders (“Indemnified Parties”) harmless from any damage, loss, cost or expense (including without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred in connection with any third party claim, demand or action (“Claim”) brought or asserted against any of the Indemnified Parties: (i) alleging facts or circumstances that would constitute a breach by You of any provision of this TOS or (ii) arising from, related to, or connected with Your use of the Services.
This TOS shall be governed in accordance with the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
User Generated Content Terms
IF YOU USE THE SERVICES TO SUBMIT OR GENERATE CONTENT, THEN IN ADDITION TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE GENERAL TERMS OF SERVICE, THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL TERMS WILL APPLY TO YOU. SUCH CONTENT IS REFERRED TO BELOW AS “USER GENERATEDCONTENT.”